Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

It was a lovely Christmas. Mckenna was the most fun. Her shocked little face and the stuff that came out of her mouth like, "so pretty," "oh my gosh," "it's my princess." Mailaya telling me quietly that her favorite gift was the treasure chest that Kellie got for her. Kellie enjoying every moment of the other kids opening the gifts that she spent so much time thinking up for them. All of the kids really tried to find gifts that the others would find so special. Connor anticipating all month for me to open my gift from him so I could add it to my Christmas village. Jacob trading in his sugar candy for sugar free. It really was wonderful. I walked past Karlyn's bed last night and watched her little face while she was sleeping. So perfect and peaceful. I am so blessed.
I can remember so clearly the Christmases without children. We tried very hard to find the perfect gifts for my brother and our neices and nephews. It was fun, but there was a hole in our hearts that has now been filled with having children. Parenting can be very difficult at times. There are so many ups and downs. Sometimes I wonder about my kids. Are they going to be happy? Are they going to be active in the church as they get older? Are they going to want to be around? I hope it is yes to all three questions.

No comments: