Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Accepting a "No" Answer

How many of us like to be told "no?" I sure don't. Lately I have been getting many of these. I've had two fairly big projects that I was working on. With one project, I went to a meeting and found out that the assignment had been given to someone else. All the hard work I had put in to the project went down the toilet. With another one, no one got back to me so I assumed it was a go ahead only to find out (after several months) that, no, it is not. I had a mini tantrum last night. Not too pretty. This morning I woke up and realized that sometimes I have to follow the very instruction I have given my children. In this case, try and disagree appropriately and if the answer is still, "no", I must accept the answer and drop the subject. "Teaching Self Government" has helped me again. I'm in the process of disagreeing appropriately. My assumption in this case is that the answer will still be, "no." Now I have to swallow my pride and drop the subject. I have found that sometimes logic and reason don't work with certain people and either am going to be upset or I just have to let it go.

No comments: